WHAT IF I DON’T AGREE?
11 November 2016 – Disputes against VAT Assessment
Please note: If the item you want to dispute is not available for selection, you unfortunately will have to lodge the dispute at your nearest Branch Office. This is a known issue and we are working to address the problem.
14 October 2016 – Enhanced Dispute management process for VAT
On 14 October 2016, SARS implemented an enhanced dispute management process for Value-Added Tax (VAT) on the electronic platform. The improved system will enable VAT vendors to lodge disputes via eFiling and electronically at any SARS branch, manage their tax profiles better and also have a consolidated view of all lodged disputes for PIT, CIT and now VAT.
The benefits are:
- Ability to lodge disputes electronically via eFiling or at SARS branches (including Request for Remission, Notices of Objection, and Notice of Appeal)
- Ability to view all dispute correspondence, and where applicable upload supporting documents
- Taxpayers will have a consolidated view of all their disputes lodged across core taxes on eFiling
- Outcome letters for Request for Remission (RFR) and Notice of Objection (NOO) are conveniently available on the taxpayer’s eFiling profile
- Receive updates on dispute outcomes via eFiling for Request for Remission and Objections lodged
- Ability to dispute multiple periods on one form up to a maximum of 12 periods
- Ability to submit disputes will be based on the user submission rights.
You might also be interested in
How much do payroll companies charge?
Payroll is one of the most complex accounting tasks faced by companies. Even a small company with just a few employees faces tightly regulated payroll processes. The labour law regulations, SARS and other statutory requirements associated with payroll can become a...
When can I file my tax return for 2019
As the per the latest SARS changes to tax returns, you should be onto your tax filing already! If you submit via e-filing or via the SARS mobi-app, you would have been able to submit your returns as early as July 1st 2019. Tax returns for 2019 for individuals and...
How do you process payroll and what should it cost
Payroll is the process of paying of salaries and wages to permanent and temporary employees. It can be done weekly, monthly, contractual or at irregular intervals. In order to maintain compliance with Tax and SA business practice laws and standards, it must be done...